Of 14 Marines killed in a treacherous ambush, 10 were beheaded. Why? What for? Isn’t it enough to kill? Savages! MILF and the Abu Sayyaf are both guilty of brutal killings in Mindanao.
Let me remind you how brutal they are.
- Early this year, last April, seven workers in Jolo were beheaded by Abu Sayyaf.
- In February 2005, Moro National Liberation Front guerrillas killed 13 Marines in an ambush in Patikul, Sulu.
- In June 2001, the Abu Sayyaf beheaded Sobero as an “Independence Day gift” to President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
- In 2000, the same group of bandits beheaded two school teachers as a “birthday gift” to then President Joseph Estrada after the government rejected rebel demands in exchange for the release of hostages they were holding.
- In May 2000, Abu Sayyaf bandits killed 13 soldiers in Basilan’s Lantawan town, mutilating some of the corpses.
I condemn the killings. I condemn the brutal killings!
Jerry G. Gervacio
July 2007, Mandaue City